This page provides resources for IT professionals to help you migrate to Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 from Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007. (see on the site the download)
Models are posters that detail a specific technical area. These models are intended to be used with corresponding articles on TechNet. You can download and modify the files to illustrate how you plan to incorporate SharePoint Server 2010 in your own environment.
- Upgrade requirements: Hardware, operating system, and database
- Upgrade process: specific steps to follow before, during, and after the upgrade
This model helps you understand the in-place, database migration, and hybrid approaches to upgrading from Office SharePoint Server 2007 to SharePoint Server 2010.
- See the farm topologies before, during, and after upgrade
- Compare the advantages of each type of upgrade
Test your upgrade process
This model explains the methodology for testing the upgrade process before upgrading from Office SharePoint Server 2007 to SharePoint Server 2010.
- Understand the goals for testing your upgrade process: customizations, hardware, timing, planning
- See specific steps to follow for testing your upgrade process
This model covers upgrading services from Office SharePoint Server 2007 to SharePoint Server 2010.
- Considerations for specific services: Personalization, Search, InfoPath Forms, Excel, Business Data Catalog, Single Sign-on
- In-place upgrade with services; Single Shared Services Provider (SSP), multiple SSPs
- Database attach upgrade with services
Get ready to upgrade
Read the following articles to get started. For complete upgrade information and procedures, see the deployment section in the technical library.
- What's new in upgrade
- Migrate an existing server farm to a 64-bit environment
- Determine upgrade approach
- Upgrade process overview
- Use a trial upgrade to find potential issues
- Run the pre-upgrade checker (available during Beta)
- In-place upgrade:
- Upgrade in place to SharePoint Server 2010
- Preview and commit to upgraded sites (available during Beta)
- Database migration:
- Verify upgrade and review upgraded sites (available during Beta)