jeudi 19 août 2010

Why does SharePoint put %*&@ing GUIDs by Todd Klindt's SharePoint Admin Blog

This question came up a couple of times today, so I thought I'd address it in a blog post. The question goes something like this; "Why does SharePoint put %*&@ing GUIDs at the end of its databases? Argh!!!" This is a very good question, and has a very good answer.

Before we go any further, let me be clear. I'm not defending the practice, I'm just explaining it. J

What causes it?

So, why does SharePoint do this? Well, it's important to keep in mind that the only databases that have GUIDs at the end of them, are ones that SharePoint has to name itself. If you, as the admin, get to name a database, it won't have a GUID, unless you choose to put one there yourself. SharePoint puts GUIDs on those databases for two reasons:

 

http://www.toddklindt.com/blog/Lists/Posts/AllPosts.aspx

SharepointHome

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Merci pour ce commentaire