So what is Multi-Tenancy? In a word, it’s Hosting! A unique deployment for each customer on a shared set of infrastructure resources. The most common scenarios are
- “Traditional” Web Hosting Environments
- SharePoint Online
- Corporate On Premise Deployments
The last one here is interesting, there are a number of aspects which we will cover later which make multi-tenant an often requested and compelling deployment approach for large corporate on premise deployments.
A good analogy here is a flat or apartment building. In this real world case, multiple tenants share the same infrastructure (the building, the doors etc). In addition some services are shared but have no data (entry phone, refuse collection). Some other services are shared (electricity, telephone) and have data which should be partitioned (meter readings, billing). Some other services are a free for all (car parking).
See more about :
The articles are (links will be added as they come on line):
- Feature and Capability Overview (this article)
- Planning your Deployment
- Example Scenario and what Multi Tenancy brings to the party
- Configuring the base Infrastructure
- Configuring Partitioned Service Applications
- Provisioning Tenants
- Testing the Functionality